v. con·nect·ed con·nect·ing, con·nects
1. To join or fasten together
2. To join to or by means of a communications circuit
1. To become joined or united
2. To establish a rapport or relationship; relate
The 2008 English-Speaking Union World Members' Conference took place in Edinburgh in September 2008. It was a great success and
was attended by members from 31 countries.
This website provides a record of the event.
Below is the welcome letter from the Chairman of ESU Scotland, Jon Dye:
We at ESU Scotland are very excited at being given the opportunity to host the next World Members’ Conference
in Edinburgh in September 2008.
We are already actively working at building an exciting programme of events and
speakers for the Conference which we hope, will stimulate lots of interesting ideas and debate.
2008 marks the
90th anniversary of the foundation at the ESU worldwide and so the Conference themes will concentrate on:
a reflection and celebration of the ESU's achievements in those 90 years
– an examination of our current work
worldwide with young people and
– a lively debate around the challenges and opportunities facing the ESU in
the 21st century.
We look forward to welcoming you all in 2008 so that you can experience our legendary Scottish
Jon Dye, Chairman of ESU Scotland, January 2006